Saturday, October 20, 2012

Mix 22: Energetic Inspiration

Saaaturday!

So this is the mix I originally recorded on Wednesday, but re-recorded live at Towers on Friday.

There was a lot of inspiration with this one. Most of the songs bring up memories within me that bring up feelings and they all create that same inner passion that takes me from closing my eyes, to singing, to wanting to get up and dance. It wasn't hard to choose the songs for this one, as I go through my daily playlist, when a song sparks the right memories and feelings, I would take note. After that it was just about the structure. The beginning is slow and passionate and as it flow from song to song the energy transfers somehow I don't even know how to fully explain it. By the end of it I hope you'll be fist pumping like I am. It's really interesting to be able to play with the energy like that and if you want to test it out listen to the whole mix and when it is done restart it. It sounds almost slow and boring and you can feel yourself wanting the high energy that is at the end of the mix. The songs are almost the same tempo but the sounds and feel of them create a totally different atmosphere. I'm beginning to learn the true art of DJing which isn't just matching tempo's and choosing songs, but really controlling the energy of the listener.

It's cool to be able to track my progress like this. It will always be reminder of putting the pieces of the puzzle together and being able to look back and smile no matter what happens.

Also, I like the title of this one.




Download it!

-fwylo

2 comments:

  1. Dj Fwylo, I've been following your blogs and mix's since I first met you this summer. Wow. The growth that you've shown towards your passion has been truly impeccable. Your insight, love, and motivation for this has been absolutely inspiring to keep hold of what I love most. Keep growing and watch the encouragement others gain from your insight!

    Thank you.

    Yours truly,

    Your biggest fan always ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate the love and will continue to love what I'm doing <3.

      Delete